The Bridge Zone Radio Show - 071
This week's show includes:
Keep Bridge Alive Campaign
Pro-am Tournament February 2020 in London
Players who will be part of this special auction include:
- Sabine Auken (Germany), Zia Mahmood (USA), David Bakhshi (UK), Dennis Bilde (Denmark), Sally Brock (UK),
- Boye Brogeland (Norway), Tommy Garvey (Ireland), David Gold (UK), Barbara Hackett (Germany), Fredrik Helness (Norway),
- Artur Malinowski (UK) and Roy Welland (USA), Thor Erik Hoftaniska and many more.
All top players participating in the main event are available as partners sold by auction.
- Bridge is condensed life.
- You need to solve a variety of problems, make a huge number of decisions and face emotional ups and downs.
- The social aspect of bridge - interacting with your partner and opponents - is also challenging and rewarding.
- It’s a wonderful game.
- Live it.
- Heat 1 -- This is the magic heat. You play above yourself. You are no longer a bridge player, you're an artist, a poet.
- The cards respond to your touch, they fly, they sing, they come alive for you.
- In addition, everything, luck included, is going for you. You're invulnerable -- you can't make a mistake.
Heat 2 -- This is your normal level or standard.
- You play as you would expect to: middle of the road.
Heat 3 -- You wish you'd stayed in bed. You play terribly and out of luck.
- Every finesse is wrong, every suit breaks badly.
- The opponents play like champions and you lose, with a capital L.
- Razor-sharp thinking.
- Intriguing psychology.
- Social powerhouse, complete digital detox.
- Just 52 cards.”
- Results from Thames Christmas Party
- Weight for age scores – yeah nah
- Update on a score from Tauranga Club
- We share a high and low score
Judge Julie talks to us about
- counting cards
- touching cards
- and who’s a tosser?
Click here to enjoy the show