NZ BRIDGE CONGRESS
The 32nd New Zealand National Bridge Congress is the premier bridge event in the annual calendar attended by over 600 players each year. In 2017,It will be held in Hamilton from Saturday 30th September to Saturday 7th October 2017 (Youth Teams Friday September 29th) with events open to all levels of players from experienced to less experienced players. You can enter many individual events or select a cost effective Package that suits you.
8 Days - The Full Package: $410 if paid by the 31st August.
- Play the whole week and pick and choose which events you want to play in or are eligible for.
- A travel subsidy for South Island players applies as follows:
$100 for those from the Christchurch-Nelson-Blenheim-Kaikoura areas
$130 for those from the Dunedin-Timaru-Oamaru-Westport areas
$175 for those from the Queenstown-Invercargill areas.
3 Days - The NZ Open Pairs Package or NZ Open Restricted Pairs Package: $190 if paid by the 31st August.
- The Open Pairs Package includes the Congress Pairs and/or Back to the Future Teams if you do not qualify for subsequent rounds of the pairs
- The Open Restricted Pairs Package includes the Back to the Future Teams
5 Days - The NZ Open Teams Package: $310 if paid by the 31st August.
- Two days of teams bridge to qualify for subsequent rounds in the NZ Open Teams
- Those who do not qualify for the top 16 Teams can select up to 3 other events to play in for the rest of the week according to eligibility.
The Options are:
- The NZ Mixed Pairs, NZ Same Sex Pairs, NZ Senior Pairs or NZ Intermediate Pairs and
- The NZ Point a Board Teams, NZ Intermediate Teams or NZ Senior Teams and
- The Open Swiss Pairs, Restricted Swiss Pairs or Intermediate Swiss Pairs
- Those who are knocked out of the Top 16 Teams can enter events in Options 2 & 3 above and those knocked out of the Quarter Finals, can join the Point-a-Board Teams in Session 2 and/or events in Option 3
Players must enter all events in which they wish to play, even if buying a package. Players can select individual events to play if they wish to.
Please note there are special events for Intermediate and Junior players.
You are welcome to play in any Congress event but the following are just for Intermediates and Juniors:
|*||New Zealand Intermediate Pairs:||Thursday - 5th October||2 sessions (morning/afternoon)|
|*||New Zealand Intermediate Teams:||Thursday/Friday - 5/6th October||3 sessions (Thursday evening, Friday morning & afternoon)|
|*||Congress Intermediate Swiss Pairs:||Friday/Saturday - 6th/7th October||3 sessions (Friday evening, Saturday morning & afternoon|
ENTERING AND PAYING
The processes of entering and paying are separate. Firstly you need to be registered on this site to be logged in to enter events and pay. To enter any event click the "Enter Now" button within each event and you can then enter your details and those of your partner or team. Every event must be entered individually. NB: Paying for a Package does not mean you are entered for events.
After entering an event ...
- you can see the confirmation on screen
- you will receive an email for your booking (because you have registered with your email address)
- your partners or teammates will also receive the email if they are also registered
- you can see your entry at the bottom of My NZB page and in the event itself
FULL-TIME STUDENT YOUTH PLAYERS
There is a special rate for youth players who are full-time students. Enter "youth" in the promo code at the final stages of the checkout and you get a 50% discount on any Congress package or event.
Exception: the Youth Teams is not discounted, as the entry fee is only $5pp
All prices are per person in New Zealand Dollars and include GST. Prices exclude travel, accommodation etc. Refund policy is 100% up to one week before the start of Congress, with the Organisers having flexibility on refunds against written requests after that date. Prices for NZ Open Pairs, Open Restricted Pairs and NZ Teams are 'on special' and rise by $30-$40 on 1 September.