IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THOSE PLAYING ON BRIDGE BASE ONLINE
Yesterday BBO has made some changes to their platform, to cope with the huge influx of people playing online. Effectively they have split BBO onto two servers.
Those playing somewhere in the Main Bridge club are on one server and those in Tournaments are on another.
What does this mean ?
- If you are playing in a tournament, you will no longer see a list of online players who are your friends who are playing in the Main Bridge Club
- If you are playing with robots, friends or solitaire (or similar) while waiting for our event to start you will not be automatically taken to your tournament any more
- If you are trying to start a set game with your friends, ask them to click the Casual button before sending them invitations to join your table. If you are in Casual and they are on the main BBO site, they will not receive your invitations.
So it is important for those wanting to play in tournaments that you do the following:
- stop play anything elsewhere at least 10 minutes before the tournament starts
- Click on Competitive to be in the right server. This will ensure you are automatically taken to the tournament
Please let your friends know about these changes.