Australian Bridge Events
60th International Gold Coast Congress- Broadbeach 18th to 26th Feb 2022
Gold Coast 2022
Gold Coast Entry Form link https://www.qldbridge.com.au/entryforms/3073_qba18Feb2022.pdf. Please note that it is vital that players enter earlyish so we can get an idea if the event will be viable or not. You must enter via the MyABF and to do this you must be registered with MyABF https://www.myabf.com.au/view. The Queensland Bridge Association has appointed a MyABF Officer and coincidently this person is also the Gold Coast Entry Co-Ordinator Pele Rankin. If you have any problems with MyABF give Pele a call on 0439949060 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0412064903.
Important Details to note about the Gold Coast Congress 2022. The most important details in red
- All morning sessions start at 10.00 am.
- Bobby Richman Pairs Final 3 is at 10.00am.
- Afternoon sessions start at 2.30 pm, except Monday and Friday - 2.00 pm
- All Rookie and 0-50 events commence at 10.00 am
- There is a new division in Teams Championship - Under 1500 masterpoints
- Following ABF guidelines on Gold Point events in 2022, it is a requirement that all players and officials be fully vaccinated. For those ineligible to be vaccinated for medical reasons, a medical certificate confirming such ineligibility along with confirmation of a negative Covid test conducted within 3 days of commencement of the event will be required.
- Full refunds will be given to all entries if the event is cancelled for Pandemic reasons or border closure reasons. We are asking everyone with the intention of coming to enter so we know if the support is out there. If we realise that entries are not coming in as we would like, we will need to go back to the drawing board.
- Gold Points are awarded in all events except Walk-in Pairs
- List of prizes published on the website after 1st January 2022
- System regulations published on website after 1st January 2022
- Supplementary regulations published on website after 1st February 2022
- Seating for Pairs and Teams Championships available on website 24 hours prior to event
- Gold Coast Congress Compendium updated regularly as information comes to hand